Congratulations to Joshua Sedgley who wins our 'Winter in the Countryside' photo contest with his photo of a 'Highland bull in Winnington'. Joshua wins a selection of 10 countryside and nature books.
This competition has now closed but we will be back soon with another photo contest - don't forget to take a look at some of the wonderful winter in the countryside images below!
Countryfile.com image competition terms and conditions
- 1. The Promoter
- 1.1 The Promoter is Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited (“the Promoter”).
- 1.2 The BBC Code of Conduct for competitions can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode and all BBC magazines comply with the Code.
- 2. The Competition
- 2.1 The competition is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands aged 16 years or older, save as the employees of the Promoter, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with the competition.
- 2.2 You may vote for more than one image, but there is a limit of one vote per image. The last date to vote is 23:59:59 on [31-01-2018] (“Voting Closing Date”).
- 3. How to enter
- 3.1 The last date for entries is 23:59:59 on [20-01-2018] (“Competition Closing Date”). Entries received after the Competition Closing Date will be rejected.
- 3.2 To enter the competition, please submit an image of winter in the countryside before the Competition Closing Date. You may submit more than one image.
- 3.3 The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for lost, delayed or fraudulent entries.
- 4. Winner announcement and claiming the prize
- 4.1 The top 10 images with the most votes will be shortlisted. Only one photo from any entrant is eligible to make the shortlist. If more than one image from the same entrant receives enough votes to make the top 10, the image with the most votes will be chosen to form part of the shortlist.
- 4.2 From the shortlist, the BBC Countryfile Magazine editorial team, including an independent judge, will select the winner. Shortlisted entries will be marked against the theme of the competition.
- 4.3 The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- 4.4 The Promoter will notify the winner by phone or email by [07-02-2018].
- 4.5 If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available within 15 working days of the Closing Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner-up.
- 4.6 The name and county of residence of the winner will be available by sending an SAE to Winners List Request, Countryfile Magazine, PO Box 501, Leicester LE94 0AA within two months of the closing date of the promotion.
- 5. Data protection and publicity
- 5.2 If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- 5.3 By entering the competition, you confirm that you are the copyright holder in any image submitted, or have permission from the copyright holder. Should your entry win, you will retain the copyright but you grant to the Promoter a free, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide licence to use or reproduce all images submitted for the competition. You will always receive a credit if we use your winning entry in any way.
- 6. General
- 6.1 The Promoter reserves the rights to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- 6.2 The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of the same or greater value. There is no cash alternative and the prize will not be transferable.
- 6.3 The competition prizes are subject to availability.
- 6.4 The promotion is subject to the laws of England.
- 6.5 The Promoter excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
- 6.6 By entering the competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Choose a subscription offer to suit you and benefit from generous savings on the shop price, free UK delivery and discounts off special editions and back issues.