Walking the world, creating memories that last a lifetime
Walking delivers a unique feeling of freedom and adventure. Whether you’re ambling through countryside with nothing but the sound of birdsong above and the gentle crunch of hiking boots underfoot, or trekking to breath-stealing altitudes to cast your eyes on stunning peak and lake panoramas, nothing matters but the journey ahead.
At Ramblers Walking Holidays, we understand the joy of a path less trodden, and we can take you and your feet on some truly memorable journeys both in the UK and around the world. From ‘That time we explored the Canadian Rockies’ to ‘The day we strolled the Riviera coastline of Italy’s Cinque Terra’ our intimate, expertly led, group walking adventures will become unforgettable stories you will share for years to come.
Our heritage says it all, celebrating our 70th anniversary this year, our passion to discover the best paths, trails and walkways both home and abroad has delivered as a loyal following of hiking friends. Not only do we offer an extensive repertoire of destinations you just must ramble, but our continued commitment to innovation means there are always some new countries and landscapes to ethically tread.
Win a walking holiday for two in the Lake District worth over £500
The winner will have the opportunity to choose any holiday from a varied selection of Ramblers Walking Holidays in the Lake District holidays for two people for up to four nights (winner can add on extra days at his / her own cost)
Holidays are available to suit all walking levels and you will stay at Hassness Country House beautifully located in its own extensive grounds on Lake Buttermere https://www.ramblersholidays.co.uk/hassness-country-house.
You’ll find sheep grazing and red squirrels scurrying around just outside the door. This is one of the remotest parts of the Lake District offering some of Britain’s best views and is the perfect starting point for some truly remarkable days in the hills. Full board accommodation includes cooked breakfast each day, packed lunches on walking days, freshly baked cakes in the afternoon and home cooked locally sourced three course dinners (except Tuesdays). All holidays include a leader to show you the very best of this beautiful part of the UK. Take a look for yourself.
Prize is non transferable and subject to availability. There is no cash equivalent. Winner and companion will share a twin room. They need to meet the fitness level of the walking holiday. Prize doesn’t include transport. By entering the competition you agree to receiving news and offers from Ramblers Walking Holidays, they will not pass on your details to a third party.
- Full HD 1080p video up to 60 fps
- 149° lens
- Waterproof to 32 ft with included housing
- Up to 2 hours recording
- 8 megapixel still photos & time lapse mode
Full HD video
No matter the situation, the HERO Session Camcorder captures striking video quality, with a variety of resolution options for every occasion.
For sharp details and high quality, the HD options of 1440p and 1080p are perfect, whilst the high frame rate of the 720p option offers smooth playback for slow-motion footage.
Capture footage and take photos in seconds with a single button which powers on the camera and begins video capture all at once. And once you're finished filming, another press of the button stops recording and turns the camera off to preserve battery life.
For more detailed controls, the GoPro Hero Session can be remotely connected using the built-in WiFi or Bluetooth and the GoPro app. View your captured media, share your shots on social media and change the settings in moments.
Easily adjust the settings on the camera by selecting between time lapse, frame rates, resolutions and more using the app.
Durable and waterproof
Weighing just 74 g, the Hero Session has a compact yet sturdy design, which has been designed to be more wearable than any other model. Designed to withstand extreme conditions, the camera is even waterproof to 10 metres without needing an additional housing, allowing you to transition effortlessly from the beach to the sea.
Capture single 8 MP photos, take bursts of images at 10 fps or create a time lapse with a variety of interval options with the GoPro HERO Session Action Camcorder.
Prize is non transferable and subject to availability. There is no cash equivalent. By entering the competition you agree to receiving news and offers from Ramblers Walking Holidays, they will not pass on your details to a third party.
How to upload your photo
1. Find your favourite autumn colours photograph and check that your image is no larger than 1,200 x 800 jpg. You may need to resize your photo as we regret that larger images will not be accepted.
2. Click choose file and upload your photo
3. Tick the 'I am not a robot' box
4. Click 'Upload your photo' - you should then see this message 'Image uploaded successfully! Please fill out the rest of the form to complete your entry.'
5. Add a caption for your photo and your name and email address. Please confirm you have read our terms and conditions and click 'Enter competition'
Entries close at midnight on 10 February 2017 and voting closing before midnight on 28 February 2017 - Good Luck!
Countryfile.com image competition terms and conditions
- 1. The Promoter
- 1.1 The Promoter is Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited (“the Promoter”).
- 1.2 The BBC Code of Conduct for competitions can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode and all BBC magazines comply with the Code.
- 2. The Competition
- 2.1 The competition is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands aged 18 years or older, save as the employees of the Promoter, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with the competition.
- 2.2 You may vote for more than one image, but there is a limit of one vote per image. The last date to vote is [time] on [day-month-year] (“Voting Closing Date”).
- 3. How to enter
- 3.1 The last date for entries is 23:59:59 on Friday 10 February 2017. Entries received after the Competition Closing Date will be rejected.
- 3.2 To enter the competition, please submit an image of a country walk before the Competition Closing Date. You may submit more than one image.
- 3.3 The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for lost, delayed or fraudulent entries.
- 4. Winner announcement and claiming the prize
- 4.1 The top 10 images with the most votes will be shortlisted. Only one photo from any entrant is eligible to make the shortlist. If more than one image from the same entrant receives enough votes to make the top 10, the image with the most votes will be chosen to form part of the shortlist.
- 4.2 From the shortlist, the BBC Countryfile Magazine editorial team, including an independent judge, will select the winner. Shortlisted entries will be marked against the theme of the competition.
- 4.3 The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- 4.4 The Promoter will notify the winner by phone or email by Friday 17 March 2017
- 4.5 If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available within 15 working days of the Closing Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner-up.
- 4.6 The name and county of residence of the winner will be available by sending an SAE to Winners List Request, Countryfile Magazine, PO Box 501, Leicester LE94 0AA within two months of the closing date of the promotion.
- 5. Data protection and publicity
- 5.2 If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- 5.3 By entering the competition, you confirm that you are the copyright holder in any image submitted, or have permission from the copyright holder. Should your entry win, you will retain the copyright but you grant to the Promoter a free, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide licence to use or reproduce all images submitted for the competition. You will always receive a credit if we use your winning entry in any way.
- 6. General
- 6.1 The Promoter reserves the rights to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- 6.2 The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of the same or greater value. There is no cash alternative and the prize will not be transferable.
- 6.3 The competition prizes are subject to availability.
- 6.4 The promotion is subject to the laws of England.
- 6.5 The Promoter excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
- 6.6 By entering the competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Enter your photo
Subscribe to BBC Countryfile Magazine today and you can enjoy generous savings from the shop price plus, free UK delivery and discounts off special editions and back issues.