Dog of the Year photo contest terms and conditions
BBC Countryfile Magazine Dog of the Year and Lockdown Hero 2021 terms and conditions
Dog of the Year and Lockdown Hero – terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to the following competitions: (i) Dog Of The Year and (ii) Lockdown Hero (each, a “Competition” and together, the “Competitions”). The Promoter of each Competition is Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited (the “Promoter”).
- The BBC Code of Conduct for competitions can be found at https://www.bbc.com/editorialguidelines/guidance/code-of-conduct and all BBC magazines comply with the Code.
- The Competitions are open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands, aged 18 years or older, except the Promoter’s employees or contractors and anyone connected with the Competitions or their direct family members.
- The closing date for entries for each of the Competitions is 23:59 on 31/08/2021.
- By entering either Competition, the participants agree:
(i) to be bound by these terms and conditions;
(ii) to grant BBC Countryfile magazine and all of the magazines, websites and other business run by Immediate Media Company, a free and unlimited license to use, edit and reproduce your picture and text in our products and in marketing;
(iii) that should they win one of the Competitions, their entry may be used by the Promoter for pre-arranged promotional purposes; and
- (iv) any identifiable individuals who are featured in their entry (whether in the photograph or in copy) have given consent to appear in the entry and for the entry to be used for the purposes set out above.
- Entrants should enter each Competition by completing the form on the BBC Countryfile Dog of the Year microsite with a photo of their dog, their name their dog’s name, a short caption detailing why their dog should win Dog of the Year and/or Lockdown Hero and their email address . Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only one entry per Competition will be permitted per person, regardless of method of entry. Bulk entries made by third parties will not be permitted.
- The prize for the Dog of the Year Competition is a £1000 voucher to spend on Edgard and Cooper products via the Edgar and Cooper website – https://uk.edgardcooper.com/. The voucher will be valid for 12 months.
- The prize for the Lockdown Hero Competition is a £1000 voucher to spend on Edgard and Cooper products via the Edgar and Cooper website – https://uk.edgardcooper.com/. The voucher will be valid for 12 months.
- The public vote for both Competitions shall open at 00:01 on 01/09/2021 and shall close at 23:59 on 01/10/21.
- Within 28 days of the public vote closing, a panel of judges shall select a winner of each Competition. The panel shall make their selection, based on the criteria set out below, from the 10 entries with the most public votes in each Competition.
- The judging criteria for the Dog of the Year Competition is a decision based on a series of criteria including image quality, composition and originality.
- The judging criteria for the Lockdown Hero Competition is based on a series of criteria including most powerful lockdown hero story, image quality, composition and originality.
- The judges’ decision as to the winner of each Competition is final and no correspondence relating to the Competitions will be entered into. The Promoter may share the winner’s details with the prize provider for the purpose of fulfilling the prizes.
- The winners will be notified by 31/10/2021 via email. If the winners cannot be contacted or fails to respond within 28 days of such notification being sent, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future promotion.
- The surname and county of residence of the winners will be available upon request by sending an SAE to BBC Countryfile Dog of the Year / Lockdown Hero competition, Eagle House, Colston Ave, Bristol BS1 4ST within two months of the closing date of the Competitions. The Promoter will contact the winners before releasing this information and provide the winners the opportunity to object or limit the amount of information shared.
- There is no cash alternative and the prizes will not be transferable. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes with one of the same or greater value.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend either of the Competitions at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for lost, delayed or fraudulent entries.
- The Promoter excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the Competitions or occurring to the winners arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
- The Competitions are administered subject to the laws of England and these terms and conditions shall be governed by English law.