Europe’s first-ever pop up Shakespearean theatre arrives at Blenheim Palace this summer, and two readers will have the chance to win two opening night tickets to Romeo and Juliet on Tuesday 9 July.
Four of William Shakespeare’s greatest plays, Macbeth, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Romeo and Juliet and Richard III will be performed in the unique environment of a 13-sided Elizabethan-style playhouse, inspired by the famous London Rose Playhouse built in 1587.
With dramatic sword-fights, bubbling cauldrons, wayward fairies, forbidden love, gruesome murders, grand poetry and no shortage of fake blood, audiences will experience the comic heights and tragic depths of Shakespearean theatre in a memorable setting.
Outside the theatre, Shakespeare’s Village will set the scene, offering the best of Oxfordshire’s food and drink. Free wagon performances and other forms of Elizabethan entertainment will add to the atmosphere.
For more information, visit blenheimpalace.com/shakespearesRT
How to enter
For your chance to win this enchanting prize, answer the following question:
Terms and conditions:
Promoter: Immediate Media Company London Limited. This competition is open from 17/05/2019 to 11:59pm on 17/06/2019. Full Terms & Conditions apply, see here
Prize Provider also be responsible for contacting the winner(s)
- Prize: one pair of opening night adult tickets for 7.30pm performance of Romeo & Juliet on 9 July 2019.
- Seat type subject to availability.
- Prize tickets will be sent to winners in advance by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
- Tickets include entry to Shakespeare’s village (open from 11.00am) but exclude entry to Blenheim Palace and Formal Gardens.
- Due to the theatre’s shape and width of the stage, from certain seats the view of the stage may at times be partially obscured by the metalwork structure of the theatre.
- Shakespeare’s Rose Theatre is a temporary structure without air-conditioning or heating. All seats are under cover with the groundlings area open air so please dress appropriately. Umbrellas are not permitted as they will impede the view of other patrons. Depending on weather conditions, all covered seating areas may be exposed to direct sunlight, wind and rain.
- No alternative dates/times are available for any prizes.
- Travel costs are not included.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- There are no cash alternatives.