The secret of a good lentil soup is to be generous with the olive oil. This dish can serve as a main meal, accompanied by bread and olives
This recipe is an extract from Vegan Cookbook by Tony and Yvonne Bishop-Weston (9780754834441 ©Lorenz Books 2019).
- Brown or green lentils 275g/10oz
- Extra virgin olive oil 150ml/1/4 pint
- Onion 1, thinly sliced
- Garlic cloves 2, sliced into thin batons
- Carrots 2, thinly sliced
- Can chopped tomatoes 400g/14oz
- Tomato puree 15ml/1 tbsp
- Dried oregano 2.5ml/1/2 tsp
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed fresh herbs 25g/1oz, roughly chopped, to garnish
Discover more delicious vegan recipes
This recipe is an extract from Vegan Cookbook by Tony and Yvonne Bishop-Weston (9780754834441 © Lorenz Books 2019). This colourful publication is a comprehensive practical reference to vegan food and eating, with advice on ingredients, nutrition and over 140 deliciously healthy recipes.