The secret of a good lentil soup is to be generous with the olive oil. This dish can serve as a main meal, accompanied by bread and olives
This recipe is an extract from Vegan Cookbook by Tony and Yvonne Bishop-Weston (9780754834441 ©Lorenz Books 2019).
- 275g/10oz brown or green lentils
- 150ml/1/4 pint extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced into thin batons
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 400g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
- 15ml/1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2.5ml/1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper
- 25g/1oz roughly chopped fresh herbs, to garnish
Discover more delicious vegan recipes
This recipe is an extract from Vegan Cookbook by Tony and Yvonne Bishop-Weston (9780754834441 © Lorenz Books 2019). This colourful publication is a comprehensive practical reference to vegan food and eating, with advice on ingredients, nutrition and over 140 deliciously healthy recipes.