Asparagus and sweet potato hash with smashed avocado and egg
- Preparation and cooking time
- 1 Sweet potato, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 1 bunch of asparagus spears, cut into halves
- 3tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Shallot, finely sliced
- 2 handfuls of sweetcorn (frozen is fine)
- 1tsp Garlic granules
- 1tbsp Jalapeno peppers from a jar (optional)
- 1 Avocado, mashed
- 1 Lime
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Slices of bread, lightly toasted under the grill
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Coriander to garnish
- STEP 1
Boil a kettle and fill a saucepan with the hot water. Add the potato chunks and bring back to the boil. Simmer for five minutes, then add the asparagus for two minutes until softened, before draining and leaving the vegetables to steam while you heat half the oil in a large frying pan.
- STEP 2
Tip the potatoes and asparagus into the hot pan with the shallots, sweetcorn, garlic granules and jalapenos. Toss to coat in the oil and season. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are browned and toasty.
- STEP 3
While the vegetables are cooking heat another non-stick pan with the remaining oil and fry the eggs. Mash some avocado in a bowl with a squeeze of lime juice.
- STEP 4
When the eggs are ready, serve the vegetable hash over toasted bread with the mashed avocado. Top with a fried egg and squeeze over some lime.