- Visit ancient British species – bears, wolves, lynxes and wolverines in Bristol
- How to prepare your garden for autumn and winter birds
- Pine martens reintroduced to Forest of Dean
- October foraging guide: best foods to find and recipe ideas
- Red squirrel guide: how to identify and best places to see in Britain
October in the countryside
Celebrate the colourful month of October with our selection of walks, active days out and foraging guides.
The best walks, days out and holiday ideas in Britain
Listen to the latest episodes from the BBC Countryfile Magazine podcast
The latest environment and wildlife news
Learn how to identify species and best places to spot with our expert wildlife guides
Seasonal recipes, foraging, homemade crafts and essential outdoor skills
By entering your details, you are agreeing to Countryfile.com terms and conditions. You can unsubscribe at any time.