If you don’t fancy plain and simple corn on the cob, you can always zing it up by smothering it in a spicy sauce made by blending roasted peppers with butter, lime juice and chilli.
You can also, of course, remove the kernels after boiling the whole cob and use them in a range of delicious dishes, such as pastas, salads and salsas.
But, our favourite way to eat corn is in this easy-to-make and mouth-watering bacon and sweetcorn chowder.
Here’s the BBC Good Food recipe.
- Streaky bacon 3 rashers, chopped
- Olive oil a dash
- Onion 1 small, finely chopped
- Potato 1 large, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Milk 400ml / 14fl oz
- Chicken stock 350ml / 13fl oz, or vegetable stock
- Sweetcorn 200g / 7 oz, fresh, frozen or drained from the tin
- Chives 2 tbsp, finely chopped