These cheese straws smell outrageously good when they bake, so you won’t want to wait to take a bite!
They are best eaten on the day of baking, but they make a thoughtful gift if you package them up with ribbon.
More Christmas baking:
Here’s the easy recipe for homemade cheese straws
- Grated mature cheddar cheese 110g
- Unsalted butter 50g
- Plain flour 100g, plus more for dusting
- salt ½ tsp
- Sweet paprika ½ tsp
- Hot paprika or cayenne pepper ½ tsp
- English mustard 1 tsp, (not in powder form)
- Whole milk or thin cream 1 tbsp