These cheese straws smell outrageously good when they bake, so you won’t want to wait to take a bite!
They are best eaten on the day of baking, but they make a thoughtful gift if you package them up with ribbon.
More Christmas baking:
Here’s the easy recipe for homemade cheese straws
- Mature Cheddar cheese 110g, grated
- Unsalted butter 50g
- Plain flour 100g, plus more for dusting
- Salt ½ tsp
- Sweet paprika ½ tsp
- Hot paprika ½ tsp, or cayenne pepper
- English mustard 1 tsp, (not in powder form)
- Whole milk 1 tbsp, or thin cream