- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 25g Butter or 2 tbsp oil
- 1 Leek or two medium sized onions
- 2 Potatoes, roughly diced
- 4 handfuls of young stinging nettle leaves
- 12–20 Wild garlic leaves (optional), roughly chopped
- 1l Vegetable stock
- Crème fraîche or natural yoghurt to garnish (optional)
- STEP 1
Add the oil, leek or onions and potatoes to a cooking pot, cover and sweat on a low to medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the onion/leek is soft.
- STEP 2
Add the nettles, stir, and sweat for a further five minutes, until the nettle is wilted and soft.
- STEP 3
Add a litre of boiling water or stock (the choice is yours) and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.4. If adding wild garlic, chuck the leaves in now and cook for one minute, to give the soup a nice bright green colour.
- STEP 4
Whizz with a blender or food processor until smooth. Check for seasoning, adding plenty of fresh black pepper if you have any.
- STEP 5
Serve with a dollop or creme fraiche or yoghurt, if you have some. But it really doesn't matter if you haven't!