Pan-frying the sprouts over a high heat caramelises the natural sugars in these tiny little brassica.
Festive main courses:
- Home-cured Christmas gammon
- Roast goose with potato stuffing
- Fillet of beef with horseradish and proscuitto
With no sogginess from boiling, sprouts have never tasted so good. Brown butter is magic on almost everything, especially here with the chestnuts and sprouts.
Here’s the easy recipe for butter coasted brussels sprouts.
- Brussels sprouts 600g
- Shelled chestnuts 75g, roasted or use the vacuumed-packed variety
- Fresh sage leaves 6
- butter 50g
- Juice of a lemon
- Vegetable or sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper to taste