Blood oranges are gorgeous in this salad, but if you have a mountain of festive satsumas, tangerines or oranges, use these.
Equally, pecans, almonds or hazelnuts will be just as good here. This bright and juicy salad pairs beautifully with any leftover roast meat or blue cheese.
Here’s how to make the perfect Boxing Day salad to use up your leftovers
- Satsumas, blood oranges or tangerines 3-4
- Pomegranates 2
- Banana shallots 3, (or 1 red onion)
- Red wine or sherry vinegar 4 tbsp
- Walnuts 50g, roughly chopped
- Large radicchio ½
- Parsley a small bunch, roughly chopped
- Olive oil 4 tbsp
- Flaky sea salt and pepper to taste