Writer and baker Vanessa Kimbell shares her delicious sourdough loaf recipe with us.
Get your Great British Bake Off on and try baking your own with this easy step-by-step bread making guide.
More related content:
You will need
- 1 clean tea towel
- A large mixing bowl
- Round cane banneton 500g
- A lame to score the dough
For the sourdough leaven
- Sourdough Starter 2 tbsp
- Organic strong white stoneground flour 75g
- Cold filtered tap water 75g
For the loaf
- Filtered tap water 325g
- Organic strong white stoneground flour 400g
- Organic Wholemeal strong flour 100g
- fine sea salt 12g
- Spare flour for dusting your banneton
- A handful of semolina, for dusting the cloche
Writer and baker Vanessa Kimbell is the author of Food for Thought: Changing the World One Bite at a Time (Kyle Cathie, £19.99). She teaches sourdough courses at the Sourdough School in Northamptonshire.