This is a real taste of the english summer. Zingy, fresh, sweet, sour… and who doesn’t like raspberries? I’ve always had a rhyming spanish saying in my head ‘mas color, mas sabor!’ which means more colour, more flavour! And it’s so true in this dish. It goes amazingly well with barbecued red mullet, mackerel or lamb.
- 4 slices slightly stale bread, cut into small chunks
- 10 ripe, juicy plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Small handful of fresh basil
- Small handful of fresh mint
- Small handful of fresh marjoram
- 1 small or ½ large red onion, finely diced
- Large handful of fresh raspberries
- 200 g/7 oz ricotta or mozzarella cheese
- Fine salt
- Edible flowers, to garnish (optional)
For the dressing
- 50 ml/1⅔ fl oz/3. Tbsp red wine or cider vinegar, or whatever you have to hand
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 200 ml/6¾ fl oz/generous ¾ cup delicious cold-pressed oil (i love olive oil, but rapeseed also works)
Recipe from 30 Easy Ways to Join the Food Revolution by Ollie Hunter, published by Pavilion Books. Photography by Louise Hagger.