This is a real taste of the english summer. Zingy, fresh, sweet, sour… and who doesn’t like raspberries? I’ve always had a rhyming spanish saying in my head ‘mas color, mas sabor!’ which means more colour, more flavour! And it’s so true in this dish. It goes amazingly well with barbecued red mullet, mackerel or lamb.
- Slightly stale bread 4 slices, cut into small chunks
- Plum tomatoes 10, ripe and juicy, roughly chopped
- Fresh basil small handful
- Fresh mint small handful
- Fresh marjoram small handful
- Red onion 1 small or ½ large, finely diced
- Fresh raspberries Large handful
- Ricotta 200 g/7 oz, or mozzarella cheese
- Fine salt
- Edible flowers to garnish (optional)
For the dressing
- Red wine vinegar 50 ml/1⅔ fl oz/3 tbsp, or cider vinegar, or whatever you have to hand
- Runny honey 1 tbsp
- Cold-pressed oil 200 ml/6¾ fl oz/generous ¾ cup, (I love olive oil, but rapeseed also works)
Recipe from 30 Easy Ways to Join the Food Revolution by Ollie Hunter, published by Pavilion Books. Photography by Louise Hagger.