Cooking through spring and early summer is a pleasure, particularly if you’ve gone out and picked a little wild garlic beforehand, and this simple breakfast or lunch dish is no exception. Big flavours and easy to find ingredients make it a pretty, reliable, no-hassle fallback.
Late spring is the perfect times to go foraging for this versatile and pungent plant, which can be whipped up into a delicious soup or pesto. Our expert guide on where to find it and forage responsibly, how to cook it and tasty wild garlic recipe ideas.
- handful of wild garlic rinse the leaves
- good quality chorizo sausage 100g, sliced
- cooked potatoes 200g, cut into cubes
- large eggs 4
- white onion 1, peeled and thinly sliced
- chopped flat-leaf parsley 2tbs
- small handful of fennel leaf tops (optional)
- butter 50g
- dash olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper