Cooking through spring and early summer is a pleasure, particularly if you’ve gone out and picked a little wild garlic beforehand, and this simple breakfast or lunch dish is no exception. Big flavours and easy to find ingredients make it a pretty, reliable, no-hassle fallback.
Late spring is the perfect times to go foraging for this versatile and pungent plant, which can be whipped up into a delicious soup or pesto. Our expert guide on where to find it and forage responsibly, how to cook it and tasty wild garlic recipe ideas.
- Wild garlic a good handful, rinse the leaves
- Chorizo sausage 100g, a good quality one, sliced
- Potatoes 200g, cooked and cut into cubes
- Eggs 4, large
- White onion 1, peeled and thinly sliced
- Flatleaf parsley 2tbs, chopped
- Fennel tops small handful, (optional)
- Butter 50g
- Olive oil a dash
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper