This super easy rice salad uses leftover turkey and roast squash, but you could very easily switch it up to suit whatever leftovers you happen to have. Sub out the squash for roast peppers or onions. Try adding roast beef, baked ham or perhaps no meat at all, putting in some extra vegetables instead. Swap the pomegranate for chopped dried apricots, the parsley for coriander,
the pistachios for walnuts – you get the idea!
The only real ‘rule’ is to add the oil and vinegar to the rice while it’s hot, then set it aside so the rice soaks up the liquid as it cools.
- Mixed rice 125g
- Extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp
- Squash 200g, roasted, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Cooked turkey 125-150g, cooked turkey, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Pomegranate 1/2, large, just the seeds
- Pistachios 50g, shelled
- Spring onions 2, finely sliced
- Flatleaf parsley handful, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
An easy and healthy wild rice salad recipe - perfect to use up Christmas turkey.