Made with crisp coconut pastry, these rolls are filled with ‘sausages’ made of cooked red lentils and roasted pepper and flavoured with paprika and parsley. Smaller ones make great party food, or make bigger ones for packed lunches. You can swap the filling for sausagemeat, if you prefer.
This recipe is an extract from Gluten-Free Kitchen by Catherine Atkinson (isbn 9780754834816, Lorenz Books, £15).
- Buy now from Waterstones (RRP from £15)
- Red lentils 150g/5oz
- Vegan stock 300ml/½ pint
- Red bell pepper 1
- Dried gluten-free white breadcrumbs 50g/2oz
- Smoked paprika 5ml/1 tsp
- Chopped fresh parsley 15ml/1 tbsp
- Coconut pastry or shortcrust pastry 275g/10oz or 1 quantity
- Soya or rice milk to glaze
- Sesame seeds (optional) 30ml/2 tbsp
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Discover more gluten-free recipes
This recipe is an extract from Gluten-Free Kitchen by Catherine Atkinson (isbn 9780754834816, Lorenz Books, £15.00)