If you’re looking for an easy lunch option, or some healthy snacks for the whole family this Veganuary, you can’t go wrong with these vegan fritters. Fritters are loved by everyone: add the magic ingredient of sweetcorn and you have a healthy kids’ snacks that doesn’t require the caveat of cheese. Batch cook and enjoy later as a quick lunch with a salad or eat them cold on the go. They’re also really easy to adapt using whatever veg you have to hand; just make sure the vegetables are small or finely chopped. Give the grown-up version even more flavour by adding finely sliced fresh chilli or coriander.
- Can of sweetcorn 340g/11½oz, drained
- Liquid from a can of chickpeas 400g/14oz can
- Bunch of spring onions trimmed and finely chopped
- Flaxseeds 1 tbsp, Mixed with 1 tbsp water
- Wholemeal plain flour 2 tbsp
- Vegetable oil 1–2 tbsp
- Salt and ground black pepper
From Vegan Kids by Heather Whinney, published by Lorenz Books at £15.