Create these simple and stylish personalised napkins and place decorations for your guests. With just a few materials, most of which you will have at home, you can make something really unusual and interesting to add to the dining table. For a seasonal feel, stamp festive words on to the napkins. Tailor the napkins as you desire: you could use a different coloured ribbon for each guest, for instance; or if you don’t have cinnamon, a small twig. The possibilities are endless.
What you will need:
- Plain linen napkins
- Washable ink pad and letter stamps
- Garden twine
- Cinnamon sticks
- Kraft card labels (alternatively you could make your own)
- White gel pen
1. Ink the stamp liberally and print your Christmas words on to the napkins in the place you wish them to be. Set aside to dry.
2. Place a leaf and a small piece of foliage on to a cinnamon stick and carefully tie the name label around it to secure. Trim the ends.
3. Cut a short length of ribbon or twine and wrap around the secured cinnamon stick and leaf bundle to hide the string.
4. Write the names of the dinner guests on the labels in white pen and place the bundles on the napkins to finish.
Images by Steve Sayers