These homemade apple swirls from David Hamilton’s Family Foraging is the perfect recipe for an autumn treat.
If you make the apple sauce yourself, wild apples can be a gamble, tasting anything from delicious and juicy to bland and potato like. Some are so tart they remove all the moisture from your mouth, so try adding maple syrup, sugar or honey to tart apples to sweeten them up.
More related content:
- Spiced apple butter recipe
- Britain’s best harvest festivals and apple days
- British apple guide: traditional British varieties and recipe ideas, plus how to grow your own tree
- Apple sauce 200ml, 7 fl oz / 1 cup
- Medjool dates 3, chopped, or a handful of raisins
- Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
- ready rolled puff pastry 1 sheet
Recipe from Family Foraging by David Hamilton.
Photographs by Jason Ingram, published by White Lion Publishing.